Grave Surprise  - Charlaine Harris
Harper has a special gift, in that she can find dead bodies but can also tell how they died. At the beginning of Grave Surprise, she's been asked to come and test her gift against the inhabitants of a 200-year old graveyard where the record of their respective causes of death has recently been found. However, what Harper finds there is a corpse planted much more recently, the body of a missing child who she had been involved in searching for two years earlier.

Although Harris is better known for her books featuring Sookie Stackhouse, I think I actually like this series better. In Grave Surprise, Harper is particularly intriguing and easy to empathise with, particularly as she tries to come to terms with being thought either a fraud or complicit in the death of the missing child. Meanwhile, she's also grappling with the fact that though she was brought up with the man who is now her manager (since his father married her mother) they really aren't blood relatives and she may well be attracted to him. The series continues in An Ice Cold Grave, which I'll be looking forward to, and I hope it continues beyond that as well...