Irish Chain - Earlene Fowler
This is the second book in this particular series, following on from Fool's Puzzle, and once again, our protagonist is Benni Harper, recently widowed and now running a small folk art museum and artist's cooperative. In Irish Chain, Benni becomes involved in the history of her small town, when two senior citizens are murdered in a local nursing home and there's apparently more to the past than meets the eye.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a link with the treatment of Japanese immigrants during the War and Benni is also writing a book on the subject, so she has lots of opportunity to investigate, whether that's wise or not. Her boyfriend, the local Chief of Police, understandably is less than impressed by Benni and her activities.

Like in Fool's Puzzle, the author is working on both a romance sub-plot and a mystery sub-plot at the same time, though for me the romance angle is significantly less interesting. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that some of the behaviour between Benni and her boyfriend would strike me as being a likely deal-breaker in terms of a long-term relationship succeeding. Anyway, the series continues in Kansas Troubles.