Blue Heaven - Joe Keenan
Given that I don't read a great deal of non-genre fiction, I thought I'd give this one a try as the blurb sounded interesting...

Philip Cavanaugh, living in New York, gets a shock when he hears rumours that his former boyfriend is getting married, then doubly so when he hears who Gilbert is getting married to, a woman that neither of them can stand! Already suspicious, Philip discovers that the couple are in fact attempting to scam their respective friends and family for the wedding gifts, with a plan to split the goods right down the middle.

Matters are complicated by the fact that Gilbert's new stepfather seems to have links with the Mafia and the family of his intended are not quite how she has been portraying them. As a result, Philip and Gilbert find themselves embroiled in a scheme they couldn't have imagined, which is bound to collapse spectacularly before the big day arrives.

Blue Heaven is an entertaining novel, from one of the former writers of the tv show Frasier, which will give you an idea of how good the use of language is. There is at least one more book featuring the same characters, Putting on the Ritz, but I can't say I'm desperate to read it though I wouldn't pass it over if it happened to come my way.