Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories - Julia Rios, Alisa Krasnostein, Garth Nix, Sean Williams, Tansy Rayner Roberts, Amal El-Mohtar, Karen Healey, Jim C. Hines, Ken Liu, Vylar Kaftan, John Chu, Sean Eads, Gabriela Lee, Faith Mudge, E.C. Myers, Sofia Samatar, Alena McNamara, Holly Kench, Tim Susman, Shveta Thakr
I really wanted to give this collection 4 stars but there were a couple of (in my opinion) quite weak stories that pulled it down to 3 and a half, which of course Goodreads doesn't let us do.

My favourite stories were 'Careful Magic' by Karen Healey - a confession, I hadn't read any of her work before this but will definitely be checking her out now - and 'The Truth About Owls' by Amal El-Mohtar, whose other short fiction I had read and enjoyed.

All in all, it's a nicely mixed load of stories, looking at folks outside the white, straight, able-bodied mainstream for its characters and for that it's definitely worth a read but, like I said at the beginning, the quality overall of the storytelling was a little uneven for me.